Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I had a dwi and had a court appearance yesterday and plead

Customer Question

I had a dwi and had a court appearance yesterday and plead guilt based on a call made to an attorney, now I am subject to the penalty and it is not cler what I must do to get the limited driving priveledge permit,, the judge said nothing about that, but from what I read, he should have, I know I have have an alcohol assessment and hopefully since this was my first time with any run in with the law, I will have to get the 123 from my insurance company and do what from there?? In pender county NC
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

You would file an application with the sentencing court. A hearing would be held as to the granting of a hardship license. The form you'd file is on the web. I will attach a copy below. The eligibility requirements for a hardship license are listed on the form. But here's the statute which lays out eligibility and also tells you what you'd have to do in section (d).