CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I got a DUI in nCalifornia medications in 2012. I just

Customer Question

I got a DUI in nCalifornia for my medications in 2012. I just received a DUI in TX for drinking. Will this be considered my second offense?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Yes, it is possible. The reason why I say this, is because the State will likely check the NCIC and it could reveal you have a prior, out of CA. As such, they could file this as a second. While the other was 3 years ago and in another State, the law does not only count those offenses/DUI's which were obtained in that actual State. Now, they may not perform their due diligence and may not see this and unless you are under oath, have no obligation to admit to this or tell them.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!