Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My boyfriend has been charged with domestic abuse from a

Customer Question

My boyfriend has been charged with domestic abuse from a prior relationship she is not pressing charges the DA is the only evidence given was a picture of a nickel sized bruise on her forearm a ripped shirt and a reenactment of what happened according to her. She continued to contact him after the incident and even slept with him several times. He is going to counselling currently is working full time and is enrolled in school what are his chances of jail time?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The charge is pc273.5 and they are saying it is a felony
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I am just about to go offline for the evening but will be back online tomorrow morning. I have a couple of questions for you on this.

1) Does your BF have any prior criminal history?

2) How are they alleging the domestic abuse occurred?

3) Were the police called at the time?

4) Did he give a statement to the police?

5) Has he hired an attorney or is he using a court appointed lawyer?