S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney.
70026054

Need to change my lawyer because she is not looking out best

Customer Question

need to change my lawyer because she is not looking out for my best intensions. l dickson xxxxxxxxxxx
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.
It sounds like you have an appointed attorney. The general rule is that, although you're entitled to an attorney when you are charged with a crime that carries possible jail time, you are NOT entitled to choose which attorney you have. You are, of course, free to hire any attorney of your choosing if you wish.
What is it that the attorney has done or not done that makes you want to change attorneys? Can you state specifically?
Finally, yes, upon your request, your attorney has to turn over your file to a new attorney.
I hope my response has been helpful. If you have follow-up questions or concerns on this topic, please ask. I'll get back to you as quickly as I can, although I may not be online at the moment you respond.
Otherwise, I hope you will rate my answer positively as that is the ONLY way I receive credit for my work, and doing so will NOT cost you an additional fee.
Best wishes to you,
Shuband
Hello again,
I'm writing to follow up on your question. I see you recently viewed my answer, but you didn't issue a rating. If you need clarification about my answer, please ask. Otherwise, please let me know what else I can do, if anything, to earn a positive rating from you.
Thanks again for using our service!
Shuband