Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My daughter was violated by her god father and he has been

Customer Question

Hi, my daughter was violated by her god father and he has been charged with aggravated child sodomy, aggravated child molestion and aggravated batter of a minor, has no priors in Georgia, what is his possible minimum sentence and maximum sentence if proven guilty
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
The judge set new bond because the case against your daughter's godfather got more serious. His new charges may be the same, but they are different victims and occurred at different times. So even if the state is putting all of his matters together before one judge, he has several different counts against him involving different victims. Convictions on each of these counts could result in consecutive time for him.
It sounds like this man is in a great deal of trouble. Aggravated sodomy carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment and a minimum of 25 years. That's the most serious charge. If the child molestation and battery took place during the same act of sodomy, they are lesser included offenses, meaning he would not do extra time for those offenses.
Otherwise, a first conviction for aggravated child molestation has a minimum of 5 years in prison and a maximum of 20. Aggravated battery has a minimum of one year in jail and a maximum of 20 years in prison.