Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Just looking-my son got into a fight in Aurora Co...beat a

Customer Question

Just looking-my son got into a fight in Aurora Co...beat a guy up-and slapped his(my sons girlfriend in the face)what are we looking at? The guy was not injured, A few bumps and bruises.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

Do you know what he has been charged with?

Is this a first criminal offense or does he any prior convictions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1st offense no charges at this point-they still want to talk with
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I see

Well, this appears that it could be charged as a misdemeanor assault in the 3rd degree.

3rd assault occurs when a person knowingly, recklessly, or through criminal negligence causes bodily injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon; or when they knowingly threaten, annoy, harass or injure a peace officer or other protected employee with a dangerous substance. Third degree assault is a Class 1 misdemeanor. That carries a possible penalty of $500 to $5,000 in fines; 6 to 18 months incarceration

OR they could charge him with Menacing. Menacing occurs when a person, by threat or physical action, knowingly places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury. Class 3: $50 to $750 in fines; up to 6 months incarceration

The only thing that throws off a charge of the 3rd degree assault is there was no deadly weapon. I suggest that the menacing could be the charge.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

AND If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here

Thank you