Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

My husbands younger brother who is 14 years old just had a 4

Customer Question

My husbands younger brother who is 14 years old just had a 4 years old boy sexually satisfied him, I'm wondering what is going to happen. The police will take him to court on Monday. What's his charge going to be and how long will he go to the jail for?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Generally, someone who is 14 can be charged as an adult, given the serious and heinous nature of the sex crime against a small child and such crime is a class B felony and the penalty is up to 25 years in prison upon conviction and a lifetime registration as a sex offender.
So it is important for someone who is charged with such a major sex crime to have his parents hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney who specializes in sex crimes, so this attorney can represent 14 year old in the pending criminal case.
It is important that I inform you that I cannot provide you with any type of legal advice or legal service or tell you what to do or not to do in your specific case, as such legal advice / legal service can only be provided by your local attorney, upon a full review of your entire situation. This service is limited to legal professionals, such as myself, providing JustAnswer.com customers with general answers to customer's legal question. Do you understand above terms, agree with the above terms and would like me to proceed with my general answer ? (please only answer "Yes" or "No").
You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much and yes.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

I am unable to communicate with JustAnswer.com customers outside of this website, however, please let me know if you have any related follow up questions and if not, please kindly positively rate my answer, so I can receive credit for my work.
Thank you and God bless you!