RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

My son may be in jail in Texas arrest, bond set at 1, 500

Customer Question

My son may be in jail in Texas for evading arrest, bond set at 1, 500 not sure if it is him, same name and date of birth.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.
What exactly is your legal question, please? Are you asking if there's a way to verify that it is your son? Have you called the jail directly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much time in jail could he get if this has happened to him before / How much do you charge to represdent him ?
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

This is chargeable as a state jail felony if a person has been previously convicted of the offense, or if a person used a vehicle in their attempt to evade. A state jail felony is punishable between 6 months and 2 years in a state jail facility and a fine of up to $10,000.

Unfortunately, site rules prohibit us from representing customers on this website. However, the State Bar Of Texas does have a lawyer referral website to help people find a local attorney. The link is here:

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

If I can clarify anything further, please REPLY. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way experts on this site are compensated for their time. Thank you!