Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

My husband got picked up In Illinois warrant in tennesse.

Customer Question

My husband got picked up In Illinois for a warrant in tennesse. It's 4 counts of forgery of checks.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
What is your legal question for me please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband got picked up in Illinois last night for a warrant in tennesse. 4 counts of forgery from 2001. They are so old they can't tell me what type of felony they fall under. He's going for his hearing today to see if and wen Tennessee will pick him up. My question is what may happen today

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, someone detained on out of state felony warrants will not be granted any type of bond and would be extradited to the state which issued the warrant to face felony charges.

Unfortunately, arrest warrants never expire, so it is irrelevant when the warrant was issued or when the charges were filed, since once criminal charges are filed, they do not expire until the case is resolved.

Generally, once the person is subject to extradition, the state where the person is wanted, will have up to 30 days to pick up the wanted person and if they do not pickup the wanted person within 30 days, then a local attorney can be hired to file a Habeas Corpus to see if the wanted person can be released due to the other state failure to pickup this wanted person within reasonable time.

Generally, the best thing to do, is to hire an experienced local attorney in the state where the criminal felony charges are pending and this attorney can fully represent your husband in his pending criminal case in Tenn.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you for your follow up.

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.