Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have to turn myself In dc. Being charged with a

Customer Question

I have to turn myself
In dc. Being charged with a misdemeanor theft. It happened at work I work for the post office. Must meet inspection service at the police department. What do I take with me and what do I leave home
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. There is nothing to really take with one's self besides identification, and a fully charged cell phone. The authorities will take all possessions from you at processing and will issue all jail necessities. The reason I state to bring a fully charged *but turned off) phone is because if one bonds out, the phone may be used to make calls immediately when one receives his things back when bonding out.

Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. ***** contact my union seen its work related
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

I would contact a bail bondsman. They can tell you what the arrest warrant is for, and also possibly help you set up so that you bond out once processed without waiting longer than you have to, if bond is available and can be made.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.