PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Plead guilty to a dwi over 10 years ago on the advice of

Customer Question

Plead guilty to a dwi over 10 years ago on the advice of lawyer who told me ld only lose license for 30 days.lnstead they took it for life.they called it my 1st dwi,because it had been over 10 years since id had any.i had license reinstated after a 10 year suspension,now have been sober and without license for over 10 years.what can I do, now?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am sorry, but I am having trouble understanding your post. Could you clarify?
How can your license be taken for life when it was reinstated?
If your license was reinstated 10 years ago, why are you still without a license?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a dwi after a 10 year suspension,i had my license then,my lawyer told me id lose it for 30 days,instead they took it for life.this happened back in 2005,I guess I shouldve appealed immediately, I petitioned court recently to get conviction overturned and was denied.now,what can I do?
Thank you for the clarification:
Response: If you waited too long to appeal and then your appeal was denied, I am afraid, that you have no legal recourse apart from going after your Attorney for not properly representing you.