CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I got a ticket to use due care and fl the state i reside.

Customer Question

i got a ticket for failing to use due care and fl the state i reside. How long do the points stay on my record?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. The points will stay on your record and not drop off. However, the look back period in court, if you get another citation, is typically 2 years. Moreover, every insurance company has a different look back period as well, as to when they will use something like this against you for a higher rate. Next time you get a citation, you may not want to pay it. Instead, see if you can elect driving school or go to court and try and work out a plea, so points will not be assessed.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!