CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

If My Wife Files a Case of Domestic Voilence What can

Customer Question

If My Wife Files a Case of Domestic Voilence What can Happpen? Will I be immediately sent to Jail? I will be given a Court Date? WIll i Be able to Travel Abroad? My Situation. Wife has not filed anything yet. I Have not commited any domestic Voilence.
She is currently not living with me and is with her parents. She has not reported any police complaint etc in the past. Please let me know
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. If she filed a complaint, the police will make an arrest, if there is evidence to support it. Then, you will go before a Judge who will likely set a bail on you and you can bond out. A date will be set when you need to appear and you can contest the charge against you. If you wanted to leave the State or Country, you likely would need and want to get permission from the court, since there is an open case and you do not want them to think you are fleeing.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!