Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

If a boy 20 had sex with a girl who might have been 15 and

Customer Question

If a boy 20 had sex with a girl who might have been 15 and they got caught by the parents and the parents said they called the cops would he have been arrested right away? That same night?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

They could but it doesn't absolutely happen that way. Sometimes the police bring the girl to the hospital and have an examination done and then talk to her in the next couple of days afterwards.

However, in most cases the arrest would take place right away.