Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

How do I get a certificate of good conduct from the state of

Customer Question

how do I get a certificate of good conduct from the state of new York and federal probation, both.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to contact your probation officers for the certificates of good conduct and you need to file through the DOC Certificate Review Unit in NY. See: https://www.parole.ny.gov/pdf/DOCCS-CRD-Application_Instructions.pdf
Federal law and federal court does not have such a certificate or process. You can ask your federal probation officer for a letter of compliance with your probation, but they do not have the same process or availability as NY courts do.