Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I am so sorry the wrong button. I am searching

Customer Question

I am so sorry for pressing the wrong button. I am searching for information re early probation release. Thank you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the MI courts are not willing to release probation early in a DUI case, they are not usually considerate of the fact that you are incurring additional costs. However, if you are not going to be residing in the US and have no intention of driving in the US or getting a license, this is typically a good cause reason to terminate the probation early and in order to do so you need to file a motion for early termination of probation. You need to set forth all of the extenuating circumstances and that you have cooperated with the terms up to this point. Usually, leaving the country they are willing to release the probation early. It is, however, discretionary to the court, so it still is up to the judge.