Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

I was assulted while at work by a patient's family member (

Customer Question

I was assulted while at work by a patient's family member ( I am a hospice nurse) a police report was made and I contacted a attorney who has yet to return my calls. Since then I have been to the doctor and diagnois with anxiety and breast tenderness all related to the assault. I lost my job and now I feel that this will be swept under the table like so many other cases that have happened to nurses. Not sure where to go from here and how to press charges when the man who did this lives so close to home
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello -
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.
If a police report was made, usually charges will be filed. If not, you need to call the investigating officer and let them know that you definitely want to move forward with charges. They will decide whether charges are warranted or not. Calling a private attorney won't help you file criminal charges.
I hope this helps!
If you valued my time, please consider leaving a positive review. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.
Michael