Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I was arrested last night.. I was told not to drive

Customer Question

I was arrested for owi last night.. I was told not to drive for 90 days.. I have to get to work and take daughter to school.. please help
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.
What you will need to do is try to apply for a hardship license with the court. You may be eligible for a hardship license if: 1) it is your first driving under the influence offense, 2) you successfully completed a certified rehabilitation program and 3) the suspension causes undue hardship on your family or dependents by interfering with your work. Here is a pamphlet from Indiana regarding hardship licenses: http://www.indianalegalservices.org/sites/indianalegalservices.org/files/My%20Driver's%20License%20was%20Suspended%20-%20Can%20I%20get%20a%20Hardship%20License%20-%20%20PDF-Brochure_2.pdf