Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Samuel, You helped me with a louisiana dwi question in

Customer Question

Hi samuel, You helped me with a louisiana dwi question in the past & I had a follow up please
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel. Thank you. What are the follow up questions and I will see if I can provide you information.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. well, you were very helpful before. I was stopped for a dwi in louisiana a few months ago. I have a texas license. I was given a temporary permit good until January & a date for a phone hearing. I had to reschedule the phone hearing because of my lawyers scheduling conflict. Then today, I received a letter in the mail from the Louisiana DPS saying the permit will be suspended in 2 weeks. My lawyer says that can happen & it is usually hard to win the telephone hearing as well. She says I will likely have to get a hardship & an intoxalizer on my car...this can't be right!!!! The stop was suspicious because I knew the officer. I blew exactly .08 & my lawyer filed a motion to dismiss because the stop was flawed. I am having a hard time believing as a working physician Imay not have a driver's license. I was told that often times texas would not know about a lousiana stop anyway...are there any other options. I feel like I am confused because I was never told this would be a possibility. I thought I would at least have a temporary permit until this was resolved. :(
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you. ***** am not going to be able to assist you with this. I am going to opt out. Another professional will assist you with this situation and your deposit will remain in tact until you give a rating.Thank you. I apologize for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience.