Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  15 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

My fiancé kicked in the back door out of anger. I called police.

Customer Question

My fiancé kicked in the back door out of anger. I called police. He was arrested on a misdemeanor trespassing charge. I didn't know he would be arrested, since we live in the home together. The judge will call me in the morning after the bond hearing and release him after talking with me. Will I have to pay a bond?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..The judge will call me in the morning after the bond hearing and release him after talking with me. Will I have to pay a bond? .If the judge decides to release him on his own recognizance, meaning on just his verbal promise to return to court for any hearings, then no, there would not be any type of bond that would have to be posted to get him out. If the judge decides to "third party" him, then you or someone else would have to sign him out and agree that you will be responsible for making sure that he returns to court. Only if an actual bond is set and the judge orders that it has to be paid in full before he could get out would someone have to post a cash or property bond...thanksBarrister