Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

1992 On A Friday CHP exicute a search warrent on a profesionals

Customer Question

1992 On A Friday CHP exicute a search warrent on a profesionals office. Friday afternoon, they abandon the search and turn the office back to the professionals employees. Sometine over the week-end the chief investigator discovers his note book is missing. On Monday morning employees return to work they find 4 CHP officers in the office. There is other new forensic evidence. That the motion will be the basis of a motion. Does 4 CHP officers in an attorney's office sound like misconduct.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a criminal alwyer.
When the police returned, did they have a warrant allowing them to return? Did an arrest result from this search and seizure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No new warrant, Yes, indictment from the first search. I intend to file a writ of coram nobis. I was an attorney. 2 Grounds, 1) New forensic science that clears me. 2) outrageous behavior on behalf of the people. There are about 6 Brady Issues. There was a pleading that demonstrated that their witness fabricated his Grand Jury testimony, never the less they went ahead anyway. Just prior to the matter going to the Jury the People on their own motion dismissed the main count that made me look corrupt and tied me to the crime. (I was correct on the law.)The Jury was never told. I had forgotten about the 2nd. search. From What I found. They left my office on Friday, at some time over the week-end the head investigator realized his note book was gone. They came back and my employees discovered them. The head investigator called my office manager and questioned her about the notebook. Then the operative called me asking about the investigators notes / notes book. Need something that states: shock the consonance of the court. The investigator failed to tell the magistrate that I offered to cooperate which allowed him to search a law office without a special master. Now, special master is required all the time. Please check if California warrant expires upon leaving the premises. They did not secure the premises. Left my employees on the premises. Did not "seal" the door. Did not leave an officer on the premises. My memory from when I did criminal 40 years ago...Calif. warrants are good for 10 days. What is the indicia that they abandon the search. I expect answer based on case law, please send case citations.
My phone(###) ###-####
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but I don't have the time available to me this weekend or the tools to do a comprehensive search of California law.
I will opt out and perhaps someone else will wish to take on your research project.
Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok