Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My daughter has been married yrs and filed divorce

Customer Question

My daughter has been married for 18 yrs and filed for a divorce two months ago. Her attorney just got documents and statements from the husbands bank, which showed thousands of dollars in forged checks and 19k removed from one of his daughters trust, earned from commercials. What can she do to press charges and what kind of fee's can we expect, she never worked during the marriage. Please advise, Lynn
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry...I do not understand what you mean by
What kind of fee's can we expect,
What are you referring to?
Are you asking if the court can consider this theft when dividing the marital property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not at all I was asking you if you can press charges for forgery towards my daughter's husband? I was asking about fee's because she is being funded by me until the divorce if final.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never been faced with someone forging her name on thousands of dollars of checks over the past five years, Do you assist with that type of law?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
It looks like the other expert opted out. However, we don't actually represent people on here, we provide information on legal topics but none of the experts are allowed to represent anyone through this website or who are customers of this website. All we can do is provide information. If you still need assistance please let me know and I will explain how the process you are asking about works.