Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

What blood level of Xanax would be considered impaired? specific I tak

Customer Question

What blood level of Xanax would be considered impaired?
For driving specific
I take .5mg 4x day
140pounds apprx 5'8"
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Unfortunately, the law is that any amount of a controlled substance in your system could allow you to be charged with driving while under the influence of drugs. It is not like an alcohol arrest where there is a legal limit.
This fact make driving potentially problematic for many people who must take prescribed medications and who are even taking them correctly and as directed. The fact that you have a prescription would help in the defense to this and if your doctor has told you it would be safe for you to drive and would testify if necessary to that effect, that would help to and could potentially get this case dismissed.
But again, any amount of Xanax in your system could get you charged with a driving while under the influence of drugs.