CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I was with this guy and started a business with him, when

Customer Question

I was with this guy and started a business with him, when times fell hard he did a bad job that i tried to talk him out of this but instead he did it . could i be held accountable even now that we arent together?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. When you say he did a bad job, do you mean in regard to the work performed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, but he did something compromising outside of our business on his own,
Thank you. If he did something outside of the business, on his own, then you would not be responsible for accountable for it. Even if he did something within the business, it would need to be known you knew of this and participated and cooperated with him, in doing so. Just because you were partners with him, does not mean that anything and everything he did, could come back to you. It would need to be known and shown you knew about this and helped . Now, you shared that you tried to stop him, so it would then need to be determined what he did, since you shared it was outside of the business and your relationship, so it may have been at his discretion and you would have had no obligation to report him.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!