Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a question about being detained on a 72 hour hold in

Customer Question

I have a question about being detained on a 72 hour hold in California. I started in Santa Clara county and they shipped me north to Contra Costa county where I was detained against my will for three days, and now they're messed up my course of treatment with my doctor of over 20 years. I don't think I'll be able to go back to him, and they falsified the records, and mislabeled a lot of the drugs, they lied about some of it, in order to chemically restrain me, the do this sort of thing deliberately all the time at these places. At one point one guy got angry and strapped me down in 8 point restraints. That's illegal too, I busted out, and he got angrier and strapped me down tighter, which is even more illegal, because phycial abuse is definitely illegal I know that much. Over the years these people have chemically sterilized me, and now this, and it was over a false accusation. The police said that I made a phone call to a suicide hotline. I never made a phone call, it's a lie. They were upset because they smelled marijuana in my garage and they thought I was going to get in my car and drive away. They never asked to look at my marijuana prescription or my marijuana card from my doctor, because it's all legal, and they confiscated about $60 worth of prescription marijuana which was labeled from the collective in medical packaging. So this is illegal, according to every web site I look at. Right?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The way I read it is that if I have a relative who would vouch for me, and I did, when they sent me to the first hospital before they sent me for that $1,500 ambulance ride (they wanted to be sure and balance bill me while they had me in the involuntarily and I couldn't get away). They could have released me to a family member or a friend, easily who would have signed for me. I had at least a dozen people who would have been happy to sign themselves as responsible for me so that I could come home and recuperate and just get back on my normal dosing schedule. It was nothing more than a case of skipping a few doses of medication and feeling delusional, because I was unmedicated, and really losing it. They completely screwed me up in the hospital by giving me exactly the WRONG medication, I felt like SHIT the entire time I was there. As soon as I was released I went back on my regular doctors meds but now I'm running out and the doctors at John Muir say that my regular doctor can no longer prescribe for me, because of their stupid law and the 5150 and the 72 hour hold. They're "re-adjusted" what they think is right for me, so now the government wants to f**k with me and my doctor. Just like the Tea Baggers warned, they were right. I guess they're not so crazy after all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
um? waiting?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. You wrote a lot of text, can you give us time to read it and then it takes more time to reply as well. Thank you for your patience.
Okay, having read your comments above, I understand what they did to you.How long ago did this happen to you? What is your specific question for us about what they did to you?