Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was under the impression that once you go to court and you

Customer Question

I was under the impression that once you go to court and you beat your charges that the courts can not go back and use them against you ?. My husband got sentence to 20 yrs for a D.W.I back in 2010.. we agree prison time should be giving but 20 yrs.. This is what the judge gave him.. murders or rapist dont get that much time what is wrong with this sentencing.. my husband is the perfect prisoner.. He dont deserve to still be in he is a very hard worker and a wonderful husband. I would love to have him home.. he is gonna get institionallized if he dont get out soon is there anything you can say to help alittle.. the alcohol laws need to be looked at and please dont do this to another couple,you guys take a big chance on making someone good very bad
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. Did your husband sign a plea agreement or go to trial? Was this his first offense? What are all the things he was charged with?