Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  I provide general practice and mediation & arbitration services to my clients.
18572087

Someone has violated a stalking injunction I got placed on

Customer Question

Someone has violated a stalking injunction I got placed on them. She keeps coming within 500 ft of my house yesterday I called the police and I filed a report and told them I would like to press charges. Today she walked by my house again... Why hasn't she been arrested
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. Reality wise, it is most likely a situation where the police consider this a low priority, even if this is obviously not a low priority to you. Therefore call the police again and again, and make them come out. You need to force them to take action, not simply hope that you go away, which is unfortunately their common response. Then also contact the DA's office, and likewise consider escalating it to the Attorney General's office of your state if they still refuse to take action. But in this case you need to be proactive and annoying so that they will finally do what they are supposed to do, which is arrest her. Sincerely, ***** *****