Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

IF YOU ARE CONVICED ON A CHARGE AND THEY FORGET TO FINGER PRINT

Customer Question

IF YOU ARE CONVICED ON A CHARGE AND THEY FORGET TO FINGER PRINT YOU IS THIER A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ONTHAT
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
Can you please tell me what charge the person was convicted of and who forgot to fingerprint this convicted person?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
growing pot
Thank you for your follow up.
Can you please provide me with the exact charge and also with more details as to who forgot to fingerprint this convicted person?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
growing pot,the court and the police this happen 15 years ago
Thank you for your follow up. Did the convicted person serve his/her sentence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Thank you for your follow up. Unfortunately, conviction record will remain indefinitely, whether or not the convicted person was fingerprinted or not, it would attach to the conviction person's full name, date of birth and social security number. I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DID NOT ASK YOU THAT .I ASKED YOU IF THE COURT FORGOT TO FINGER PRINT AT THE TIME OF YOUR CONVICTION THAT HAPPEN 15YEARS AGO CAN MAKE YOU GET FINGER PINTED NOW
Thank you for your follow up.
Yes. The court can require someone who was convicted of a crime to be fingerprinted at a later date and if the person does not comply with such court order, then this person could be subjected to contempt of court and could be forced to be fingerprinted against his/her will.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.