Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son Was sesntenced my a federal judge to 16 months to run

Customer Question

My son Was sesntenced my a federal judge to 16 months to run consecutively with any other sentence.....He was sentenced by the federal judge in September, 2014 --- was not sentenced by the state until November 5, 2014. There was no sentence when she senetenced him ...can she sentence him to run a sentence consecutive to a non existent sentence?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this. When he was sentenced by state court, how long was he sentenced for?
AND, what are you attempting to do here, i.e. what is the goal?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.