Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

I have this young lady who's pregnant and claims the child

Customer Question

Hi I have this young lady who's pregnant and claims the child is mine she keeps calling my job i explained to her to let the court handle it once she has the baby i will take a DNA test and I will pay child support of the child is mines and want no involvements with her or the child she keeps calling me still even though she hasn't had the child yet I want to get a restraint order on her is this possible ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
.
"" I want to get a restraint order on her is this possible ?""
.
.
Yes, if she is continually contacting you despite the fact that you have told her specifically not to contact you, then that would be considered stalking under GA law and would give you grounds to file a formal complaint against her and seek a no contact restraining order against her for her actions.
.
Restraining Orders based on stalking are addressed within the Georgia criminal code in O.C.G.A. § 16-5-94 and require that the petitioner-applicant show that she/he has been the victim of “stalking". A stalking TPO in Georgia is not a criminal case. However, if the respondent violates the order, then they can be charged criminally with violation of the restraining order.
.
.
thanks