Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

I was on vavation tried claiming my week wheni was away they

Customer Question

i was on vavation tried claiming my week wheni was away they wouldnt let so i made a friend do it for me the next day ,,now they want to see my passbook
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they called me and i said i was gone for 3 days only ,,but was realy away for 10 days .i ony tried claiming that one week .
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Can you please tell me what your legal question is. Also, just to clarify, when you say you were on vacation, do you mean out of the country? And also, do you mean they want to see your "passport?"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i was out of the country ,,,and they asked to see my passport to check days i wasnt here ,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the worse that can happen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you there
Thank you for that information. The worst that could happen is that you could face criminal charges for fraud. However, that doesn't happen often because it is expensive to prosecute criminal cases. From a financial or civil perspective, the State can stop all of your benefits and either make you repay any overpayment, or worse, disqualify you for the fraud. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if you have them.
Hello again,
I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided you on the 16th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (in the pop up box for this question, which is how we get credit (paid) for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/
Thank you.