Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I worked for ***** ***** as a route driver years just got

Customer Question

I worked for ***** ***** as a route driver for 2 years just got my own route about 4 months ago I was called in to the office and told I was being suspended due to a investigation it's been a week and a half so I called my union rep and he said he wasn't supposed to tell me this but I was fired and he said they have enough to prosacute me which freaked me out the company them selves have not contacted me but my union rep said their going back looking at all my invoices to see if I have been stealing I'm very angry and confused by this I have a family and I never took a dime but they said I did now I'm freaking out looking out my window wondering if I'm going to be arrested for stealing money I don't know what to do from here
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said they have proof but like I said they haven't contacted me and the guys at work just thought I was on vacation they are being very sketchy and the company doesn't have the best system in place for how we deposit are cash the only proof I have is recipets from money orders and their saying they didn't get a deposit that day but we take the cash the customer gives us and get a money order then put it in a yellow envelope and a truck driver picks up the tool box at the depot then takes it to owensboro then it's sent somewhere else out of state it could take days or weeks just not good for us rsr
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
It's very good that the company has not contacted you yet. Under the circumstances you should not talk to them if they do reach out to you unless/until you have a lawyer with you. Your union may know of one that is usually used under such circumstance.
You may indeed be innocent of any wrongdoing. I am not questioning that. However, your employers believe otherwise, which means that anything you talk to about this incident to anyone other than your lawyer can be potentially used against you. Now, with nothing happening -- and hopefully nothing will -- is a good time to at least get the name and have a consultation with a local lawyer because if the results of the investigation goes against you, you may not have time to shop for one later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just wondering what I'm looking at like
1)if they try to prosacute me what happens
2)will the police contact me or do I contact them or do they just break down my door
3)they said there were two tickets when I left one for 83 one for 73 not sure if they charge that for felony or mistdemener
4)what would my options be if prosacuted
5)what kind of laywer should I look for
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. I left the computer to run some local errands.
You will get a court date and be charged with a crime. You will plead not guilty your lawyer will help you fight the case.
You may get a summons or a citation in the mail. The police could also come to your door and give you the citation in person, but on a first arrest for a non-violent offense of this kind, it's unlikely that they will place you in custody. You will be able to fight the case while at liberty.
This would be a misdemeanor matter. The seriousness of the crime increases with the amount of money allegedly stolen. Here, the money is minimal.
4)what would my options be if prosecuted
Every criminal defendant has essentially two options: to accept a plea offer to dispose of the case or to fight the case, all the way to trial if necessary.
5)what kind of laywer should I look for
You would need a criminal lawyer to handle a criminal case.