Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a 32-year old educated professional now facing

Customer Question

Hello. I am a 32-year old educated professional now facing a 2nd DWI charge. First one was 12 years ago but made irresponsible decisions and have found myself in this spot again. I am extremely concerned. I am most worried about losing my career in advertising due to having to serve jail time and or having to report to a Probation Officer and that possibly interrupting my work and also I have to travel out of the state for my job. I've been a mess for the past month since this has happened. Any advice?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello -
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. I'm sure you're very worried.
JustAnswer works best when we can answer a legal question for you. If you give me your state I can take a look at the penalties and tell you what you're facing. Otherwise, my best advice is to speak with a criminal DUI attorney to see if there is a way you can beat the charge.
Let me know.
Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Texas. And I do have an attorney just looking for additional counsel and advice.Thanks so much
Are you being charged as a second offense or first offense? Thanks, Michael