Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son along with 3 of his friends all between the ages of 19 and 22 were hiking on a trai

Customer Question

my son along with 3 of his friends all between the ages of 19 and 22 were hiking on a trail near the Delaware River and went to a tressle that was on the the trail (there were at least 20 other people unknown to him there too, riding bicycles and hiking) and got a summons for "defiant trespassing", along with the other 20 people. There were signs about a half mile away from the tressle that said "no trespassing". The trooper that issued the summons told them that there was a gate but it was broken and open and they are allowed to hike on the trail but not on the tressle. This area has been open to the public until very recently from what I have heard it has only been closed in the past few months
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma...but I do not understand the specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?