Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I found out a family member forged a holistic Will of my great

Customer Question

I found out a family member forged a holistic Will of my great Aunt. 16 yrs ago I saw an official Will that disappeared. what do I do?My mother has lied to me for 16 yrs. One Saturday she went with me to the beauty shop where she showed me the Will which stated me my brother and sister and i were to receive 80k each. She was executor of the Will. When my aunt died in 99 she said there was no Will only A Holistic Will which gave her everything. She insisted i was crazy and never saw the Formal Will. Through the years she has spoken of my aunts money excusing others of manipulation of my aunt before she passed away. I let it all go, after all she is my mother. Recently I (after 16 yrs) obtained the copy of the holistic Will and my mother's signature. The forisic handwriting expert stated she did indeed forge the entire document. I'm devastated! What should I do. Back then had I received my aunts gift my life choices and investments would be far greater. She lied to me. As well as my aunt was married for 60 yrs. No children. At the burial site my mother instructed the funeral director to remove her wedding rings. I was appalled I know she never took the rings off and wanted to be buried with them. My mother wear the rings. Disgusted and want to know what if anything you would do at this point, 16 yrs later with proof? ????
E
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are you willing to sue your mother in civil court?
Did you actually get the real will from her?
Are you willing to see her potentially go to jail, because what you are claiming is fraud and forgery and the statute of limitations to prosecute does not begin until it is discovered in most cases?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where's my answer. TX is the state
Thank you for your reply.
Where are the answers to the questions the expert asked you so they have sufficient information to answer your question. This system works by the customer communicating responsively to the expert and the expert many times needs to ask customers for more information and when they do the customer needs to answer all of those questions so the expert can answer.