RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I was out eating with my daughter restraunt another customer called the police on me out o

Customer Question

I was out eating with my daughter restraunt another customer called the police on me out of concern saying I dozed off and spilt my drink at the table the police let me go when I got a ride I wasn't giving a citiaon or told I was going to get one I was very tired and had a drink a few hours before will I be charged or did they let me go could I be charged with child endangerment or public intoxication or both I didn't admit to drinking and was never questioned about it
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I was in trouble would they still have let my kid leave with me she is 4
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I remeber the officer saying he couldn't let me drive myself because I didn't have an updated sticker on my liscence plate
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you. Given that the police did not arrest you or issue you a citation, nor have you make other arrangements for someone to take your daughter, it would be very unlikely that you will be charged with something at this point, even though you still could be. In order to arrest you, the police must have probable cause - that is, a "good faith" belief that an actual crime has been committed. Sometimes, this is a judgment call. If you had had a drink hours earlier, you likely weren't intoxicated, and it's too difficult to determine if you were intoxicated or just tired.The fact is though, if the police had concerns about you or your daughter, they would have addressed them then. Since you agreed to get a ride home, my thinking is that's the last you'll hear of it. Should you have any follow-up questions, please use the REPLY feature, and I'll be happy to assist you. Thank you.