CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I was convicted of a second DWI in June 2013. I spent one year

Customer Question

I was convicted of a second DWI in June 2013. I spent one year in jail and am on probation. I never got the interlock because I can't afford it so I rely on others to travel. My question is, can the Interlock we waived at a certain point after conviction if you don't put in an Interlock.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. It can only be waived through court order. If there was a specific amount of time which could just pass and someone would not have to comply, many people would likely just not install it, to avoid the hardships which it causes. At some point, if you want to drive, you will need to install it, unless you can show good cause and go before the court, to try and have it waived, since it was a condition to the sentence imposed.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!