PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My cousin has a trust fund and lawyers are taking inordinate

Customer Question

My cousin has a trust fund and lawyers are taking inordinate sums of money from it, but will not show what they allegedly did, since they say they will only talk to another lawyer/friend/. They say my cousin is a victim of the "good old white boys network"
and that cousin cannot get out, and they will see only other lawyer/friends can cover up for them. The lawyers say that if cousin goes to another lawyer, that they do not approve of. they will all lie and charge cousin with an untruthful felony. Cousin has
no record and Cousin had a good job. Can cousin write a letter or something that is revealed only when this allegedly happens-or maybe it is only a threat. The lawyers state the police can be bought off very easily by lawyers, because police do not have much
money and will do anything for lawyers. When lawyers here get traffic tickets for DUI, some officers put the lawyers name as "John Doe"--or if they can, they do not process the ticket at all. How can cousin let someone know what is happening, if the lawyers
get worse? Can Cousin write a secret letter that is revealed if Cousin is actually charged with a phony felony in attempts to discredit Cousin? What else can Cousin do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response:If the Police and lawyers are colluding and breaking the law, then your cousin's option would be to go to news media both local and national to shine light on the corruption. Your cousin should contact the investigatory unit of the local TV Station, national news magazine. He should also contact the District Attorney's office about his concerns.
Click on the links below for contact information of New York Times and 60 Minutes:
http://www.nytimes.com/content/help/contact/directory.html#paper
http://www.cbsnews.com/60-minutes/about-us/
Your cousin as a beneficiary of a Trust has a right to request information directly from the Trustee. He does not need to go through an Attorney to request the information. If the Trustee is an Attorney, then your cousin should file complaint against the Attorney with Delaware Attorney Discipline for refusing to provide information requested. Click on the link below for the complaint form:
http://courts.delaware.gov/odc/lawyer.stm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that publicity is a good way to let everyone know what is being covered up.I do not think Cousin will get adequate representation here. Is going to another state, with a license here., a bad idea?
Do you also have a link to 20-20?
Do you hear about trust corruption a lot?
Response 1: I do not understand your question. So, I cannot answer it.
Do you also have a link to 20-20?
Response 2: Click on the link below for the information:
http://www.nytix.com/Links/TV/articles/newsmediacontacts.html
Response 3: No, I do not.
Kindly give a positive rating to my answer so that I can receive credit for answering your questions.