Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I have come across a completely blank western union money order.I

Customer Question

I have come across a completely blank western union money order.I would rather not involve the police,I would like to find out where it came from,and what the dollar amount of it, in itself,is worth.thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
Is the money order completely blank with no specific amount?
How did you come across such money order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,it is completely blank,and I'm not at liberty to discuss where it originated from,because the party involved is deceased as of June 8th,2015
Thank you for your follow up.
While I cannot comment on your specific case, generally, a WU or any other money order form, that does not have specific amount of money (value) stated, would not have any value and could not be cashed for any amount of money.
Generally, such blank money orders are either counterfeit or illegally obtained / stolen from the company which issues them.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Do you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.