Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My husband was allowing the neighbor girls to drive out ATV

Customer Question

my husband was allowing the neighbor girls to drive out ATV - he had 2 beers prior this and unfortunately one of the girls took the turn to sharp and wrecked the ATV. the other girl suffered a bruised knee and her parents took her to the ED that night with no other injuries sustained. they have filed a police report and they state patrol is coming to talk with my husband tomorrow. what kind of charges could he be facing?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
The most likely charge would be contributing to the delinquency of a minor.....which is a misdemeanor offense. It may be possible that other charges could be filed depending on the circumstances....but The most likely is the contributing charge.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
It could also be possible that a civil lawsuit is filed for negligence in supervising the minors......and that action could seek money damages, payment of medical expenses, etc. So, this thing could go on for a while.