Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I'm supposed to turn myself in on July 9 in LA COUNTY COURT

Customer Question

I'm supposed to turn myself in on July 9 in LA COUNTY COURT for violating my probation because I missed 3 classes of my domestic violence course. Is there any way to get out of it So I can continue to go to work ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
If you're supposed to turn yourself into the court, show up with a lawyer and let him argue for an extension for you to complete the three cases or for weekend incarceration or house arrest so that you don't lose your job.
That's really the only chance you have. You're going to have to turn yourself in as scheduled. Not doing so will only make the situation worse.