Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Can a Case be dismissed ( or not dismissed) and

Customer Question

Hi. Hello. Can a Case be dismissed ( or not dismissed) and booking arrest info submitted to the rap sheet of the FBI and the arrest record to the department of justice and a VACATE JURY TRIAL also AT THE SAME TIME? Lawfully?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Are you asking whether a dismissed case can appear on your Federal rap sheet? If so, yes it will unless you are able to take measures to get the record expunged or sealed.
If that is not your question, please give further information so that I can understand the situtation behind your question. Also provide what US state you're in, what you're charged with, and whether it is a state or Federal crime.
Use the reply tab below to respond or to ask a follow up.