Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I was in walmart the other day n the sighn that says securtie

Customer Question

I was in walmart the other day n the sighn that says securtie camras r in use sigh fell n hit me n the back so I turned around n picked it up n tryed to put it back n it fell off again. So I put it in my back pocket to give to cashier now I went back to shopping n I totally forgot to give to cashier after paying for about 200dollar's wirth of merchandise so when I to Walk out door se urity n police met at door talking about give me my stolin merchandise back I was like wat stolin merchandise n a t dawned on me the sighn he got his sighn back before I was out of ther door n handcuffs wer on me n going tojail
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. What's your question about this situation?
Thanks,
Shuband
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is realy stilling from walmart(###) ###-####
We seem to be having some difficulty communicating. I'll opt out and hopefully another expert will be able to help you. You haven't been charged for this discussion.
Don't respond here, it will delay you getting a response. Best wishes,
Shuband
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the sign did fall and hit you, then the security cameras would show that and would support your contention. You need to immediately send a letter to Walmart informing them that you demand they retain the video from that date and time as it contains evidence in a legal matter and if they do not do so it would be considered destruction of evidence.
Is it stealing, yes it is stealing (technically) if you put the sign belonging to Walmart that fell and hit you on the head in your pocket and walked out of the store with it. However, your argument was it was your intent to give it to an employee and you forgot. Most courts will accept that justification, because the sign to you is worthless and courts understand people can make mistakes and forget in these situations.
However, you will need to go to court on this and you will need to get an attorney as this is a criminal offense. If you cannot afford an attorney, then when you go to court to plead not guilty you ask for a public defender to represent you and explain what happened to the public defender and make him get the tape from Walmart for your defense and he will get a subpoena from the court to do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bunk go figure thanks for nothing ejoye my 18. Buxks
Thank you for your reply.
I assure you that this is not "Bunk."
You have been charged by the police, we cannot change what happened to you. Now that you have been charged with the crime by the police, which is what your statement above said, you have to go to court and we cannot change that either.
We did tell you that you have a basis for fighting this and having the charges dismissed or being found not guilty and told you how that can happen.
So I am at a loss as to why you would be so offensive to call that "Bunk?"
Furthermore, nobody has taken your "18 buxks," you made a fully refundable deposit and as the experts are not employees of the site they received nothing for spending time with you and if you would like a refund of your "18 buxks" then you may contact customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com
However, please do not blame us for the facts of a situation you got yourself into when we explained to you what to do to work to get yourself out of it. Thank you.