Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I received a speeding ticket in Little Rock, AR, I am from

Customer Question

I received a speeding ticket in Little Rock, AR, I am from Texas, I was speeding and it was 20 miles over the limit, I have not had a ticket in almost 5 years, is it possible to get it dismissed when paying all the fines and fees they may request? Is it possible to keep it off driving record, what is the worst case scenario? Thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Are you planning on hiring an experienced local Texas traffic law attorney or are you planning to try to handle this citation yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I work in Arkansas and I received a ticket in Little Rock, I think I need a lawyer, I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep it off my record
Thank you for your follow up.
Generally, if the motorist has a clear driving record, an experienced local traffic defense attorney might be able to negotiate a plea with a prosecutor, which would allow for the offense to be reduced to a non-traffic offense, in exchange for a fine and court costs and also it might be possible for the local traffic attorney to contest the speeding violation and possibly to get it dismissed on some type of legal technicality or in trial.
You can find an experienced and skilled local traffic law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to traffic law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!
Do you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me if this type of speeding considered criminal and could it reflect in my record as such?
Thank you for your follow up.
In Arkansas, violation of the speeding law is a criminal misdemeanor offense and a first time violator may b sentenced to jail time of not more than 10 days and/or fined not more than $100, and/or the violator’s license may be suspended not more than one year.
So it is important to have an experienced local criminal traffic defense attorney representing you in the pending case.
I wish you the best of luck!
Thank you.