CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I have a probation sentence months in new mexico and

Customer Question

i have a probation sentence for 6 months in new mexico and i need to know what i can do personally to transfer it to florida since my probation officer is against me leaving i have 114 days left on probation
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
I certainly understand the situation and your concern. A motion would need to be filed with the court, asking to transfer the probation to Florida. You would need to show good cause and present evidence, to show why you want and need to relocate to Florida, prior to your probation being terminated. If you have complied with everything to date and the only left is just the time, the Judge may consider it, even over the objection of your PO.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need to know where i can obtain a motion and if its possible to present it to the court myself
Yes, you can file it on your own and you need to see if the clerk of court in the criminal division has a form and if not, you need to draft it yourself and file it. Then a copy need to be sent to the State, your PO and the Judge and it needs to be set for hearing.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!