Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

What steps do I take to sue CPS , the police dept, the accusers

Customer Question

What steps do I take to sue CPS , the police dept, the accusers attorney , and the accuser who accused of sex assult to my child . I spent 285 days in jail, I missed a civil trial against Toyota due to the false arrest , all accusations were dismissed and now have Been expunged from my record by the attorney general . I want to sue the people who knowingly arrested me on a false claim of sex assault .
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardThe only way you are going to be able to sue anyone in this situation is if you can prove that the allegations, arrest, etc was done with malice toward you and that they were well aware the allegations were false. It is unfortunate that you had to go through this. But without proof that everyone knew the crime never happened, that you did not do the crime and that the only reason you were charged was to harm your reputation or harm you financially, then they have immunity in doing "their job". You need to prove they knew the claim was false at the time the arrest and charges occurred. If that is the case, then I suggest, you consult with a local attorney who will take this matter on a contingency. Suing the state and agencies of this nature is not an easy task and not something I would suggest you do on your own. A local attorney, with the proof that this was done intentionally to harm you, with malice should be able to settle it out of court via negotiations. Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you