Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I forged my brother's name on a multitude of checks (they were

Customer Question

I forged my brother's name on a multitude of checks (they were written to the both of us) over the period of 2011 - 2013. He is now trying to have me arrested. Is that possible after this amount of time?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
What state did the forgery occur in, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
south carolina
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Thank youWhat was the value of the checks, please ? The statute of limitations is going to depend on the amount of the check as to whether it is a misdemeanor of felony crime.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the total amount was over $100,000
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you. That is going to be a felony and In SC - there is no statute of limitations for felony of this nature. That means that the prosecution can bring the charges at any time after the discovery of the crime.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Therefore, if he and/or the bank files the criminal reports, you could be arrested OR you could have a summons issued to appear at a hearing. It depends on the District Attorney and how they want to handle itPlease note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you