RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

My brother in law is being held in county jail got arrested

Customer Question

Hi, my brother in law is being held in county jail got arrested saturday night for child abuse and 3rd degree assult. We call the jail and there is not bond. He doesnt have a previous record. What are the possible outcomes to this situatiin
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.Some charges can have an automatic "no bond" status on them when a person is arrested and booked into the jail, meaning whether or not they get bond will be left to the judge in their case. With no previous record, what is most likely to happen is that at his initial appearance before the judge, a bond amount will be set and he can arrange to bond out at that point. It's also possible, but not likely, that a judge would give him no bond at his initial appearance, in which case he'd have to remain in jail until either the resolution of his case, or a motion could be filed by his lawyer asking the court again to grant a bond. Note that given the nature of the charges, if the judge does grant bond, they can attach certain conditions of release to it. For example, they may order that he stay away from the alleged victim(s) until the case is resolved. Failure to abide by the terms of release while on bond is grounds for re-arrest. Should you have further questions or need additional information, please use the REPLY feature, and I'll be happy to assist you. Thank you.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any follow-up questions or need additional information from me regarding this matter? If not, I would kindly ask you to please leave remember to leave me positive feedback, as that is the only way experts on this site are paid for their time and information, even though you may have left a deposit. Thank you.