Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How do I file a Motion Conviction Relief? And what

Customer Question

How do I file a Motion for Post Conviction Relief? And what are good causes used for such a plea?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Guru replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. "How do I file a Motion for Post Conviction Relief?" Just like any other motion with the court clerk of the county in which the conviction occurred. "And what are good causes used for such a plea?" Appellate remedies are very limited once you get past the direct appeal stage. I couldn't possibly imagine or list every scenario. If you tell me your appellate issue, I can give you an idea of whether or not it is possible on post conviction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

in 97 he was arrested for robbery at 17. He was released on bond but didn't show up for sentencing ... 2 years later there was another robbery where the clerk was hit and later died from those injuries. He was targeted as a suspect and was picked up on the bench warrant from the robbery 2 years prior. The DA (XXXX XXXXX) was known for breaking the rules and pulled him from the jail to his office to question him on the 2nd robbery (my guy not knowing the clerk had died) and gave him cigarettes and soda and even had a gal from town in there that he used to date. Never mirandized him. Anyways, there was a trial with an overloaded PD and all of his charges were ran one right after the other. We are only looking to have them restructured to run simultaneously. Might I add the Judge (XXXXXXXX) pleas guilty and will be sentenced this month for stealing drug evidence and the DA used "questionable jailhouse informants" that my guy played cards with the main one every day in jail.