Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

My stepson had me arrested battery him. I have no criminal record

Customer Question

My stepson had me arrested for domestic battery for pushing him. I have no criminal record. He had no injuries. Do I need to get a lawyer. Would the public defender be ok? he is 19 years old.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information and your question. If you cannot afford an attorney and can qualify for a public defender, then usually, unless they are just too overloaded, they would be able to handle your case properly. If you don't qualify, or you feel they are not responsive, then you definitely want an attorney to handle your case. They will be able to perhaps get the charges dismissed or if the facts are not favorable, negotiate a deferred prosecution or lesser charge.Please feel free to ask for clarification. However, I will be away from my office for a bit so there might be a delay in getting back to you.
Hello again,
I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 2nd. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (in the pop up box for this question, which is how we get credit (paid) for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/
Thank you.